Sunday, December 4, 2011

The past two weeks...

This is by far my favorite time of the year.  I love seeing the joy of Christmas in my innocent child's eyes.  If you ask Mayson why we celebrate Christmas her answer will be because it's Jesus' birthday!  Last week we decided to decorate our tree.  She was SO EXCITED to help! I was amazed that she helped the entire time.  Only one ornament was damaged that night.  She thought it was a bouncy ball =)  Our tree looks beautiful.  She was such a good little helper.  

This weekend James had to work Saturday and Sunday.  It's really hard on him when he has to do that.  He loves seeing her and being with her.  I can't wait to be on vacation and be together as a family the entire week!  We are going to Brownwood Texas.  I am actually really excited to go because we go with another family and we get to stay in a nice cabin.  James is going to hunt.  Maybe I will do some hunting too.  Who knows =)  (I bet you didn't know that about me)

School Update

I can't believe that half the school year is almost over.  I am so blessed this year with 21 loving first graders.  They are the reason I do what I do.  I love them!  I have such a sweet group this year.  They LOVE to learn.  I sometimes worry about being a good teacher and a good mommy.  This year is the first year that I feel I have a good balance.  I just hope I can keep it up.  I will be honest...this year started rough.  My best friend quit to stay at home with her two babies.  Even thinking about this brings tears to my eyes.  I guess that is why I haven't said much about it.  I miss her so much but I know she did what was right for her family.  There are times when I am jealous of the thought that she is at home with her sweet kids and I am not but thats ok.  That thought is quickly interrupted by a "Mrs. Warren  I need HELP"   or a "MRS. WARREN how do I do this again?"  (even though I told them 5 times already) Now, don't get me wrong I am happy for her.  Just sad sometimes that she is doing something else.  I know this will get easier but it is still hard. 

I love my kids and I am so glad the Lord blessed me with them. 
Even though some days I want run to a quiet room and shut the door =)

I  teach because I want to make a difference!  

Now onto Mayson's Christmas pictures...

This is by far my favorite.  It's not on the card because it didn't fit right.  I already had a 12x18 made and can't wait to frame it.  


Look at her gorgeous curly hair.  I am so jealous...


This one was my fav for family but James didn't like it.



This is so Mayson.  She is probably thinking what princess dress she is going to put on as soon as she gets home.


Now she is probably thinking about the awesome high heals she could wear with her dress.


This one did make the card =)


Here she is decorating the tree.  She did the ribbon all by herself.  She was so proud.


The first ornament.  It was our wedding ornament.  


Mommy and Mayson


Daddy and Mayson


Voila


Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Amy Mahrer said...

And I'm crying...

LOVE the pictures. Love you, love Mayson, love your family! LOVE LOVE LOVE! And I hope that both boys have teachers like you!!! Because you are amazing~

Amanda said...

I absolutley LOVE the last pic of Mayson in black and white...GORGEOUS little girl!!!